06 March 2009

Quickie

Hey!  So, I realize that it's been a little over a month since my last blog... I know I'm due for a new one. I have lots to share, and little time to share it, so~ while that update is in progress, I thought I'd give you a blogging snack to tide you over. 

Thought of the day:  
 
To laugh often and love much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived- This is to have succeeded!  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think it's all too easy to forget what's really important in life. We're always wanting to make sure that we have all the things we need to be happy.  Well, what if it's not about being happy? What if it's really about just living well?? How would that change your outlook on today? I love this quote by Emerson. It reminds me, as I hope it does you, to just appreciate the everyday miracles, even the ones that don't seem like miracles at the time. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey that is so true and I am reading a book by Mark Batterson that kind of talks about it. Check it out its called "In a pit with a Lion on a Snowy day" its really good and he has a chapter that talks directly about it. Thanks it was encouraging.

    ReplyDelete